Find food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs, including new programs for the COVID-19 pandemic.
The California Parent and Youth Helpline provides support and resource referrals to parent and youth during the current COVID-19 pandemic, 7-days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Call or text 1-855-4APARENT (855-427-2736) for services in English, Spanish and other languages. For more information, please visit: https://caparentyouthhelpline.org/
Teenage Advice, Crisis & Depression Helpline
Do you need help working something out? Do you want to talk to someone who understands, like another teen? We’re here to help!
The 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline is available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. It provides Spanish-speaking counselors, as well as options for deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
- Línea de Vida Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio ofrece servicios gratuitos en español para alguien que está en crisis o necesita ayuda llame al 1-888-628-9454
- Options for Deaf and Hard of Hearing 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
The Crisis Text Line is the only 24/7, nationwide crisis-intervention text-message hotline. The Crisis Text Line can be reached by texting HOME to 741-741.
The 24-hour, toll-free, confidential hotline provides phone, webchat, and text options available to military veterans in crisis and their families and friends. It provides options for deaf and hard of hearing individuals.
- Call the Veterans Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 or text to 838255.
The nationwide organization provides a 24-hour phone hotline, as well as limited-hour webchat and text options, for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth.
- The Trevor Lifeline is a national 24-hour, toll free confidential suicide hotline for LGBTQ youth. Call 1-866-488-7386 24/7
- Confidential online instant messaging with a Trevor Counselor 24/7
- Confidential text messaging with a Trevor Counselor 24/7 Text START to 678678
- TrevorText can be reached by texting TREVOR to 1-202-304-1200 (available M-F from 3PM to 10PM ET).
The Trans Lifeline is a trans-led organization that connects trans people to the community, support, and resources they need to survive and thrive. It provides crisis intervention hotlines, staffed by transgender individuals, for trans and questioning callers.